The fifth season of the fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones premiered on HBO on April 12, and concluded on June 14, 2015. It was broadcast on Sunday at 9:00 pm in the United States, consisting of 10 episodes, each running approximately 50–60 minutes. The season primarily adapts the storylines from A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, the fourth and fifth novels in George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, though it also uses the remaining elements from the third novel, A Storm of Swords, as well as the upcoming sixth novel The Winds of Winter. It also contains original content not found in Martin’s novels. The series is adapted for television by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss.
Like previous seasons in Game of Thrones, the fifth season continues storylines primarily set within the fictional land of Westeros, while a few storylines are set in another continent, Essos. After the murders of King Joffrey and his grandfather Tywin Lannister, Cersei Lannister’s young, indecisive son, Tommen, rules Westeros as king. Tyrion flees to Essos, where he meets Daenerys Targaryen, who struggles to rule Slavers’ Bay and regain control over her growing dragons. The Lannister family encounters new enemies, including a religious cult that Cersei foolishly empowers; they arrest her and Queen Margaery; Cersei confesses some sins and is released after a walk of atonement. Jon Snow becomes Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch and serves under Stannis Baratheon, who pursues his claim to the Iron Throne by marching on the rebuilt Winterfell. Littlefinger has left Sansa Stark at Winterfell; she marries Ramsay Bolton, who rapes and imprisons her. Stannis is defeated and killed, while Sansa makes an escape with Theon. After Jon loses Night’s Watchmen trying to rescue thousands of Wildlings from the White Walkers, several of his men mutiny and kill him. In Braavos, Arya Stark receives training as an assassin but disobeys her trainers, who blind her. Jaime retrieves princess Myrcella from Dorne, but she is murdered.
HBO ordered the fifth season on April 8, 2014, together with the sixth season, which began filming in July 2014. The season was filmed primarily in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Croatia and Spain.
Game of Thrones features a large ensemble cast, including Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington. The season introduced a number of new cast members, including Jonathan Pryce and Alexander Siddig.
Critics praised the show’s production values and cast, giving specific accolades for Dinklage’s portrayal of Tyrion Lannister. Viewership yet again rose compared to the previous season. This season set a Guinness World Record for winning the highest number of Emmy Awards for a series in a single season and year, winning 12 out of 24 nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series.
- Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister
- Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister
- Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen
- Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Aidan Gillen as Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
- Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister
- Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell
- Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon
- Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth
- Carice van Houten as Melisandre
- John Bradley as Samwell Tarly
- Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark
- Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane
- Hannah Murray as Gilly
- Conleth Hill as Varys
- Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth
- Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei
- Dean-Charles Chapman as Tommen Baratheon
- Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand
- Maisie Williams as Arya Stark
- Jerome Flynn as Bronn
- Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H’ghar
- Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy / “Reek”
- Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton
- Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Bolton
- Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont
April 12, 2015
- E01 – “The Wars to Come”
- E02 – “The House of Black and White”
- E03 – “High Sparrow”
- E04 – “Sons of the Harpy”
- E05 – “Kill the Boy”
- E06 – “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken”
- E07 – “The Gift”
- E08 – “Hardhome”
- E09 – “The Dance of Dragons”
- E10 – “Mother’s Mercy”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page