Invincible is an adult animated superhero television series created by Robert Kirkman for Amazon Prime Video and premiered on March 25, 2021. Based on the Image Comics series of the same name by Kirkman, Cory Walker, and Ryan Ottley, the show follows 17-year-old Mark Grayson and his transformation into a superhero under the guidance of his father, Omni-Man, the most powerful superhero on the planet. During his transformation, Mark finds himself struggling between his personal life and superhero duties, where he will be forced to prove that he can be the hero that his father is. The series stars Steven Yeun, Sandra Oh, and J. K. Simmons as the Grayson family, while the rest of the cast serve as recurring characters.
Following its release, the series received widespread acclaim from critics and audiences, with praise for its animation, action sequences, storyline, writing, voice acting, and faithfulness to the comics. In April 2021, ahead of season one’s finale, Amazon renewed the series for a second and third season. Season two is set to be released in late 2023.
- Mark Grayson / Invincible (voiced by Steven Yeun): The eponymous main character. After gaining his powers at 17 years old, Mark discovers the harsh realities of being a superhero while struggling to define himself. He is shown to have a berserker side when fighting the Flaxans and Machine Head’s villains, revealed to be a Viltrumite trait.
- Debbie Grayson (voiced by Sandra Oh): Mark’s mother and Nolan’s wife. Debbie is an experienced realtor, once long adjusted to being a superhero’s spouse, before entering into a drunken spiral of depression during the end of the first season.
- Nolan Grayson / Omni-Man (voiced by J. K. Simmons): Mark’s father and Debbie’s husband. Born on the planet Viltrum to a superpowered alien race known as the Viltrumites, his parents died in his youth before he joined the Viltrum Empire’s intergalactic expansion several thousand years ago. After arriving on Earth 20 years before the series, Nolan is considered the most powerful superhero on the planet, with a civilian identity of a rich travel writer.
On April 4, 2017, it was announced that a film about Invincible was being developed by Universal Pictures. It was also revealed that Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen would be the directors of the film after their collaboration on the AMC TV series Preacher. It was also revealed that the film would be rated R, to keep its faithfulness to the comic series. Skybound Entertainment and Point Grey Pictures would be producing the film. However, when the series was announced, the film remained in hiatus, until on January 26, 2021, it was revealed that the film was still in development and would exist separately from the series.
On August 11, 2017, Robert Kirkman signed a deal with Amazon to develop various series for Amazon Prime Video, with his company Skybound Entertainment. However, it was revealed that series that are already in production or development with other studios, will not be developed for Amazon. Kirkman revealed that he was interested on developing a series of the Invincible comic series, but that would not be possible at the moment because Universal was developing a film based on the comic series. Kirkman commented: “At Skybound Entertainment we strive to tell the best stories in the most unique and creative ways in an effort to always break new ground. A forward thinking company like Amazon is the perfect home for us. Sharon Tal Yguado has been an instrumental force in the success of The Walking Dead and Outcast from day one. Being able to not only continue that relationship, but also expand it into new territory with the vast resources of Amazon, means great things are ahead for myself, David Alpert, Skybound, and fans of awesome entertainment.”
However, on June 19, 2018, it was announced that Amazon had given a series order to the project for a first season consisting of eight episodes. It was also revealed that the series would be animated and its episodes would be hourlong. Simon Racioppa serves as showrunner for the series and also serves as executive producer alongside Kirkman, David Alpert, and Catherine Winder. Production companies involved with the series include Skybound. Coincidentally, executive producers Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen (who also provides a voice on the show) are working on a live-action film adaptation of the comic, which is separate from the animated series, as co-directors, writers, and producers. On April 29, 2021, after the release of the final episode of the first season, Amazon renewed the series for a second and third season.
After Amazon ordered the first season of the series, it was confirmed that the series would be consisting of eight episodes. On January 22, 2021, during a live-stream celebrating the 18th anniversary of Invincible #1, Kirkman revealed that the series would debut on March 25, 2021 (midnight EST), with the first 3 episodes. The remaining episodes would release weekly thereafter. On January 20, 2023, it was announced that season 2 will debut in late 2023.
- E01 – “It’s About Time”
- E02 – “Here Goes Nothing”
- E03 – “Who You Calling Ugly?”
- E04 – “Neil Armstrong, Eat Your Heart Out”
- E05 – “That Actually Hurt”
- E06 – “You Look Kinda Dead”
- E07 – “We Need to Talk”
- E08 – “Where I Really Come From”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page