Shazam! Fury of the Gods is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Shazam. Produced by New Line Cinema, DC Studios, The Safran Company, and Seven Bucks Productions, and set for distribution by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is intended to be the sequel to Shazam! (2019) and the 12th installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). It is directed by David F. Sandberg and written by Henry Gayden and Chris Morgan, and stars Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Rachel Zegler, Adam Brody, Ross Butler, Meagan Good, Lucy Liu, Djimon Hounsou, and Helen Mirren. In the film, a family of teenage heroes led by Billy Batson / Shazam fight the Daughters of Atlas.
A sequel to Shazam! began development shortly after that film’s release in April 2019, with Gayden returning as writer. Sandberg and Levi (Shazam) were also set to return by that December. The title and rest of the returning cast were confirmed in August 2020, including Asher as Billy Batson. Zegler, Mirren, and Liu were cast as the daughters of Atlas in early 2021. Filming began that May in Atlanta, Georgia, and concluded in August.
Shazam! Fury of the Gods is scheduled to be released in the United States on March 17, 2023.
With the successful opening of Shazam! in April 2019, Henry Gayden was revealed to be returning to write the script for a sequel. Director David F. Sandberg and producer Peter Safran were also expected to return. Later that month, Michelle Borth, who portrayed the adult superhero form of Mary Bromfield in the first film, said she signed a five-picture deal for the role and was expected to return for at least one sequel. Zachary Levi confirmed in June that he was returning to star as Shazam in the sequel, and revealed that writing had begun ahead of a planned filming start in mid-2020. Sandberg and much of the first film’s crew were confirmed to return in December 2019, when New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures scheduled the sequel for release on April 1, 2022. This was delayed in April 2020 to November 4, 2022, and delayed again to March 17, 2023 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Zachary Levi and Asher Angel as Billy Batson / Shazam:
The champion of an ancient wizard, who possesses “the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury”.
- Jack Dylan Grazer as Frederick “Freddy” Freeman: Billy’s physically disabled foster brother, who is a fan of superheroes.
- Adam Brody portrays Freddy’s adult superhero form.
- Ian Chen as Eugene Choi, Billy’s younger foster brother who is an obsessive gamer.
- Ross Butler portrays Eugene’s adult superhero form.
- Grace Fulton as Mary Bromfield, Billy’s mature and academically-driven older foster sister.
- Fulton additionally portrays Mary’s adult superhero form, replacing Michelle Borth from the first movie.
- Jovan Armand as Pedro Peña, Billy’s older foster brother, who is shy and sensitive.
- D. J. Cotrona portrays Pedro’s adult superhero form.
- Faithe Herman as Darla Dudley, Billy’s good-natured younger foster sister.
- Meagan Good portrays Darla’s adult superhero form.
- Rachel Zegler as Anthea, a daughter of Atlas
- Helen Mirren as Hespera, a daughter of Atlas
- Lucy Liu as Kalypso, a daughter of Atlas
- Djimon Hounsou as Shazam: The last surviving member of the Council of Wizards, who bestowed his powers on Billy Batson, after designating the boy as his champion.
Shazam! Fury of the Gods is scheduled to be released by Warner Bros. Pictures in the United States on March 17, 2023. It is the first DC Extended Universe film to use the DC Studios name. It was originally set for release on April 1, 2022, before it was delayed to November 4, 2022, and then to June 2, 2023, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was then moved up to December 16, 2022, since it was ready for release sooner than other DC films delayed by the pandemic. That date was previously given to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. The release date was pushed back five days to December 21 in April 2022 to avoid competition with 20th Century Studios’ Avatar: The Way of Water, before being moved to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom‘s release date again (the March 2023 date) in August 2022 when Warner Bros. Discovery was trying to spread out marketing and distribution costs. This also meant IMAX screens that would have been used by Avatar: The Way of Water would be available for the film.
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page