Silo is an American science fiction dystopian drama television series created by Graham Yost based on the Wool series of novels by author Hugh Howey. Set in a dystopian future where a community exists in a giant underground silo comprising 144 levels, it stars Rebecca Ferguson as an engineer who becomes embroiled in the mysteries of the silo. Rashida Jones, David Oyelowo, Common, Tim Robbins, Harriet Walter, Avi Nash, Rick Gomez, and Chinaza Uche also star.
Development on a film adaptation of Wool began in 2012. By the end of the decade, the project was shelved, and was picked up as a series by Apple TV+ in May 2021. Principal photography began in August 2021, and the ten-episode first season began streaming from May 5, 2023. It received positive reviews from critics, particularly for the world-building, production design and Ferguson’s performance. In June 2023, the series was renewed for a second season.
- Rebecca Ferguson as Juliette Nichols, an engineer who works on the generators in the lowest levels of the Silo
- Rashida Jones as Allison Becker, the wife of Holston and who works in the IT department in the Silo. During her attempts to conceive a child, she becomes suspicious of the Silo’s true history and how it is governed.
- David Oyelowo as Holston Becker, the devoted husband of Allison and the sheriff of the Silo
- Common as Robert Sims, the head of security for Judicial, who maintains order within the Silo
- Tim Robbins as Bernard Holland, the strict head of the IT Department in the Silo
- Harriet Walter as Martha Walker, an electrical engineer who runs a workshop in the lower levels of the Silo and acts as a parental figure to Juliette
- Avi Nash as Lukas Kyle, a systems analyst in the IT Department who is curious about the world outside the Silo
- Rick Gomez as Patrick Kennedy, a maintenance worker and former smuggler of “relics”, objects from the world before the Silo
- Chinaza Uche as Paul Billings, the newly assigned chief deputy and a former Judicial enforcer who is afflicted with the “Syndrome”, a medical condition that causes tremors
- Will Patton as Samuel “Sam” Marnes, a deputy who works under Sheriff Holston and closely with Mayor Jahns
- Ferdinand Kingsley as George Wilkins, a computer geek who runs a repair shop. He seeks out Allison for her help to uncover the secrets of the Silo.
- Shane McRae as Knox, the head of the mechanical level in the Silo and Juliette’s boss
- Billy Postlethwaite as Hank, a deputy who works in the lower levels
- Chipo Chung as Sandy, a clerical worker in the sheriff’s department
- Remmie Milner as Shirley Campbell, an engineer and one of Juliette’s colleagues
- Matt Gomez Hidaka as Cooper, a rookie engineer in the lower levels and Juliette’s shadow
- Iain Glen as Dr. Pete Nichols, an obstetrician and the father of Juliette, who has been estranged from her since she was a teenager
- Caitlin Zoz as Kathleen Billings, Paul’s wife and the mother of their daughter
- Geraldine James as Ruth Jahns, the elected mayor of the Silo
- Sophie Thompson as Gloria Hildebrandt, a paranoid woman who became the Silo’s fertility counselor after failing to conceive a child herself
- Sienna Guillory as Hanna Nichols, a surgeon and the deceased mother of Juliette
- Henry Garrett as Douglas Trumbull, an enforcer for Judicial who is loyal to Sims
- Amelie Child-Villiers as young Juliette
- Ida Brooke as young Shirley
- Charlie Coombes as young Knox
- Tanya Moodie as Judge Meadows, the head of Judicial who enforces the Pact, a list of rules that all Silo residents must follow
- Sonita Henry as Regina Jackson, a former relic dealer and lover of George
- Christian Ochoa as Amundsen, a high-ranking raider, a group of armed enforcers working for Sims
- Alexandria Riley as Camille Sims, Robert’s wife, the mother of their son and a former raider
- Will Merrick as Danny, a criminal hacker who disrupts the IT department’s security network
- Clare Perkins as Carla, Martha’s ex-wife who works in the supply department
The project’s development was announced as a feature film at 20th Century Fox, which entered negotiations to acquire the self-published e-book Wool by Hugh Howey on May 11, 2012. Five days later, 20th Century Fox acquired the rights, with Ridley Scott and Steven Zaillian among those attached to produce. On November 28, it was announced that J Blakeson was in negotiations to write and direct. It was then announced on June 5, 2015 that Nicole Perlman would rewrite the screenplay, with Blakeson no longer involved in the project. The film was ultimately shelved as a result of the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney.
By July 30, 2018, a new iteration of the project was in development for television at AMC, with LaToya Morgan attached to write under her overall deal at AMC Studios. The series eventually moved to Apple TV+ on May 20, 2021, receiving an order for ten episodes. Graham Yost to replace Morgan as creator and writer, marking his third series at Apple TV+ under his overall deal with the network. Morten Tyldum was also attached to direct and executive produce, with Yost as showrunner. The show was renewed for a second season in June 2023.
May 5, 2023
- E01 – “Freedom Day”
- E02 – “Holston’s Pick”
- E03 – “Machines”
- E04 – “Truth”
- E05 – “The Janitor’s Boy”
- E06 – “The Relic”
- E07 – “The Flamekeepers”
- E08 – “Hanna”
- E09 – “The Getaway”
- E10 – “Outside”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page