What We Do in the Shadows Season 5 TV Series Details
What We Do in the Shadows is an American mockumentary comedy horror television series created by Jemaine Clement, first broadcast March 27, 2019, on FX. The series follows four vampire roommates on Staten Island, and stars Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillén, Mark Proksch, and Kristen Schaal.
Based on the 2014 New Zealand film of the same name, written by Clement and Taika Waititi, it is the second television series in the franchise. The fifth season of What We Do in the Shadows premiered on July 13, 2023, with a sixth season renewal already confirmed. It has been critically acclaimed (particularly for its cast and writing) and nominated for 21 Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series in 2020 and 2022 for its second and third season, respectively.
- Kayvan Novak as Nandor the Relentless – Once the bloodthirsty leader of the fictional kingdom of Al-Quolanudar in southern Iran and a warrior serving the Ottoman Empire. At age 760, he is the oldest vampire and the self-proclaimed leader of the group, leading him to frequently calling house meetings for frivolous discussions. Although he genuinely cares for his human familiar Guillermo, he has difficulty expressing it. Nandor is also quite naive to the ways of modern society and humans, which often results in Guillermo becoming frustrated with him. He is a massive fan of the 1992 Dream Team and collects much of their memorabilia; they also inspired him to apply for American citizenship, but he fails his test after being physically unable to say the phrase One Nation, Under God.
- Matt Berry as Leslie “Laszlo” Cravensworth – A 310-year-old British nobleman vampire who was turned by Nadja and is now married to her. He is pansexual and a former porn actor, who is often preoccupied with thoughts of sex; he enjoys sexual relationships with both Nadja and Nandor. He also enjoys making topiary sculptures of vulvas in the yard, including those of his wife and mother. He confessed in season 1 to having been Jack the Ripper. In season 2, he briefly goes on the run and assumes the alias “Jackie Daytona”, a “regular human bartender” in Clairton, Pennsylvania (which he chose because it sounded like Transylvania).
- Natasia Demetriou as Nadja of Antipaxos – A 500-year-old Greek Romani vampire who turned Laszlo into a vampire and later married him. She is frequently frustrated with her male housemates and nostalgic about her human life. She has entertained an affair with a reincarnated knight named Gregor for hundreds of years, only for him to be decapitated in every reincarnation. In season 3, she reveals that she frequently collaborated with the Rat Pack and later becomes manager of her own vampire nightclub in season 4.
- Demetriou also plays Nadja’s human ghost, split from its corporeal form when Nadja was turned into a vampire, who inhabits a doll, which has appeared since the second season.
- Harvey Guillén as Guillermo de la Cruz – Nandor’s long-suffering Latino familiar. Despite his frustration with his unreasonable workload and Nandor’s disregard for his mortality, he has served his master for more than a decade in the hope of being made a vampire, a dream inspired by Armand in the 1994 film Interview with the Vampire. Late in season one, Guillermo discovers that he is a descendant of the famous vampire hunter Abraham Van Helsing, and he proves to be very skilled at killing vampires (including by accident), giving him conflicting feelings about his desire to become a vampire. Guillermo’s skill as a vampire slayer leads to him becoming a bodyguard for Nandor, Nadja, and Laszlo in the third season. He reveals he is gay in the fourth season, coming out to his family, with Nadja having to erase their memories about Guillermo’s confession about wishing to become a vampire.
- Mark Proksch as Colin Robinson (and Baby Colin “The Boy” in season 4) – An energy vampire who lives in the basement. He lives by draining humans and vampires of their energy by being boring or frustrating. As a “day walker”, he is not harmed by sunlight or entry into churches and is able to work in a cubicle office and feed on his coworkers’ frustrations. Unlike the others, he shows no outward sign of vampirism except that his irises glow when he feeds on energy, and his reflection shows a pale and decrepit version of himself. The others are continually annoyed by him and often try to avoid associating with him, although they are entirely dependent on him as he is the only source of income into the house. In the third-season finale, following Colin Robinson’s 100th birthday, he dies and his infant offspring (also portrayed by Proksch) bursts out of his chest; Laszlo (having become friends with the original Colin Robinson) elects to raise the child as his own. In the finale of season 4, Colin Robinson’s offspring, having rapidly grown to adulthood, discovers a hidden room filled with Colin Robinson’s diaries, and regains Colin Robinson’s memories as a result, forgetting his time as a child to Laszlo’s disappointment. In season 5, he reveals his birth name is Arthur Simon Santino and Colin Robinson is a pseudonym he created to avoid having the initials “A.S.S.”.
- Kristen Schaal as The Guide (also known as the “Floating Woman”) – An envoy of the Vampiric Council who likes to float and sometimes speak in a demonic voice. She frequently expresses her desire to be socially accepted by the other vampires, yet is almost always rejected. In season 4, she works for Nadja as she turns the Vampiric Council’s headquarters into a nightclub. (season 5–present; guest season 1; recurring seasons 3–4)
On January 22, 2018, it was announced that FX had given the production a pilot order. The pilot was written by Jemaine Clement and directed by Taika Waititi, both of whom are also executive producers alongside Scott Rudin, Paul Simms, Garrett Basch, and Eli Bush. On May 3, 2018, it was announced that FX had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes, which premiered on March 27, 2019.
According to Clement: “We stay pretty basic ’70s/’80s vampire rules, with a little bit of ’30s. They can turn into bats. They can’t go in the sunlight; they don’t sparkle in the sun, they die. They have to be invited in; in a lot of literature vampires have to be invited into private buildings, but this is a documentary so it’s the real rules which means they have to be invited into any building.” Clement has also stated that the part of Laszlo was written specifically for Berry. The main influences on the series are Fright Night, Martin, The Lost Boys, Nosferatu, Interview with the Vampire, Vampire’s Kiss, and Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The character Nadja was named after the 1994 film of the same name.
The song used in the opening credits is “You’re Dead” by Norma Tanega (1966), which was used during the opening credits sequence in the original film.
The second season premiered on April 15, 2020. On May 22, 2020, FX renewed the series for a third season, which premiered on September 2, 2021. On August 13, 2021, FX renewed the series for a fourth season, ahead of the third-season premiere. Upon the fourth season’s renewal, it was reported that Rudin would no longer be an executive producer, beginning with the third season, due to allegations of abusive behavior. On June 6, 2022, FX renewed the series for a fifth and sixth season, ahead of the fourth season premiere.
July 13, 2023
What We Do in the Shadows Season 5 Download Files
- E01 – “The Mall”
- E02 – “A Night Out with the Guys”
- E03 – “Pride Parade”
- E04 – “The Campaign”
- E05 – “Local News”
- E06 – “Urgent Care”
- E07 – “Hybrid Creatures”
- E08 – “The Roast”
- E09 – “A Weekend at Morrigan Manor”
- E10 – “Exit Interview”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Telegram – https://www.telegram.com/
WhatsApp – https://www.whatsapp.com/