Ahsoka, also known as Star Wars: Ahsoka, is an American television series created and written by Dave Filoni for Disney+. It is part of the Star Wars franchise and a spin-off from the series The Mandalorian (2019–present), taking place in the same timeframe as that series and its other interconnected spin-offs after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983), while also serving as a continuation to the animated series Star Wars Rebels (2014–2018). The series follows Ahsoka Tano as she investigates an emerging threat to the galaxy following the fall of the Empire.
Rosario Dawson stars as Ahsoka Tano, reprising her role from The Mandalorian. The character was created for the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008–2020), voiced by Ashley Eckstein, and made her live-action debut in the second season of The Mandalorian. A spin-off series focused on the character was announced in December 2020, with Dawson reprising her role and Filoni set as writer after he co-created the character. Filming began in early May 2022, when multiple characters from Rebels were revealed to be appearing, and wrapped in October. In April 2023, additional castings were revealed, highlighted by Lars Mikkelsen reprising his Rebels role of Grand Admiral Thrawn, and the series was confirmed to be continuing the story established in Rebels.
The first season of Ahsoka consists of eight episodes, the first two of which premiered on August 22, 2023, and concluded on October 3. It received positive reviews from critics. In January 2024, Lucasfilm confirmed that a second season was in development.
- Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano:
A former Jedi Padawan, and apprentice to Anakin Skywalker. Dawson noted the character’s montrals had been rebuilt with “technology that didn’t even exist when we first started”, resulting in them being longer and having a 3D-printed skeleton inside them that allowed for more fluid movement. Dawson worked with fight coordinator Ming Qiu to learn how to fight ambidextrously for the series.
- Ariana Greenblatt portrays young Ahsoka during the Clone Wars flashbacks in the World Between Worlds.
- Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine Wren:
A Mandalorian warrior and graffiti artist, Imperial Academy dropout, former bounty hunter, and Ahsoka’s former apprentice with expert knowledge of weapons and explosives. Bordizzo watched Star Wars Rebels to prepare for her role, and spent three months prior to the start of filming fight training with Qiu and learning how to use a lightsaber, given the character is now using Ezra Bridger’s old one.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera Syndulla:
A Twi’lek New Republic general who is the pilot of the Ghost. Hera had a son, Jacen, with the late Jedi knight Kanan Jarrus. Winstead referred back to Hera’s character development on Rebels, while also discussing the character with creator Dave Filoni, to inform her performance. She described Hera as a “strong leader and fighter” while also having maternal instincts; she felt this was unique from other army generals as they are conventionally depicted as being “very masculine, hard figures”
- Ray Stevenson as Baylan Skoll:
A former Jedi who survived Order 66 by fleeing into the Unknown Regions and is now a Dark Jedi and mercenary in search of power. He is Shin Hati’s master and is working with Morgan Elsbeth.
- Ivanna Sakhno as Shin Hati:
Baylan’s apprentice, who is a Dark Jedi and is ordered by Baylan to go after Ahsoka. Sakhno described Hati as “calculated” and “impatient, but … a seeker”, and was encouraged by Filoni to help develop elements of her character’s backstory.
- Diana Lee Inosanto as Morgan Elsbeth:
The former Magistrate of Calodan and one of the last remaining Nightsisters of Dathomir, who is allied with Thrawn. Inosanto was inspired by Julius Caesar and Catherine the Great for her portrayal.
- David Tennant voices Huyang: A lightsaber-crafting droid that served the Jedi Order for thousands of years. Tennant reprises his role from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Eman Esfandi as Ezra Bridger: A former con artist and thief from Lothal who was taken in by Kanan Jarrus and trained as a Jedi before sacrificing himself and disappearing from the galaxy with Thrawn.
- Evan Whitten as Jacen Syndulla: Hera and Kanan Jarrus’s son, who hopes to become a Jedi like his father.
- Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma: The Chancellor of the New Republic, who formerly served as a senator in the Republic and Imperial Senates and as leader of the Rebel Alliance.
- Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader: Ahsoka Tano’s now-deceased former Jedi master and Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa’s father who had fallen to the dark side of the Force and became Darth Vader, but has since redeemed himself. Skywalker appears to Ahsoka in the World Between Worlds to finish her training along with flashes of him as Darth Vader, with Christensen de-aged for the role.
- Lars Mikkelsen as Grand Admiral Thrawn:
A Chiss high-ranking senior officer of the Galactic Empire known for his tactical cunning who had previously been taken into hyperspace by Ezra and the Purrgil. Mikkelsen previously voiced the character in animated form on Rebels. Mikkelsen felt Thrawn was a formidable adversary since he is “seven paces ahead of everybody” and is not a Jedi or Force user.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO: A protocol droid built by Anakin Skywalker as a child, who now serves his daughter, Senator Leia Organa.
In December 2020, Lucasfilm announced several spin-off series from the Disney+ series The Mandalorian, including Ahsoka and The Book of Boba Fett; the spin-offs exist alongside The Mandalorian through interconnected stories, culminating in a “climactic story event”, with Star Wars: Skeleton Crew also being set in the same timeframe as The Mandalorian and Ahsoka. Each series was being concurrently developed by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, with Filoni creating, writing, and serving as lead producer and showrunner on Ahsoka. The series focuses on the character Ahsoka Tano, who was co-created by Filoni for the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and made her live-action debut in the second season of The Mandalorian. By April 2022, Peter Ramsey was hired to direct at least one episode of the series, with Filoni also directing multiple episodes of the series. A year later, the rest of the directors were confirmed, which included Steph Green, Jennifer Getzinger, Geeta Patel, and Rick Famuyiwa. Filoni explained that the eight episodes of the season would be “relatively” similar in length to the previous episodes he worked on for The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett (which ranged from 32 to 47 minutes), noting he hoped to keep them “moving” and make them “tight and fast because to make the action work, they’ve got to be shorter”. Kathleen Kennedy, Carrie Beck, and Colin Wilson also serve as executive producers on the series.
In January 2024, Lucasfilm announced that a second season was in development with Filoni.
August 22, 2023
- E01 – “Part One: Master and Apprentice”
- E02 – “Part Two: Toil and Trouble”
- E03 – “Part Three: Time to Fly”
- E04 – “Part Four: Fallen Jedi”
- E05 – “Part Five: Shadow Warrior”
- E06 – “Part Six: Far, Far Away”
- E07 – “Part Seven: Dreams and Madness”
- E08 – “Part Eight: The Jedi, the Witch, and the Warlord”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/
Telegram – https://www.telegram.com/
WhatsApp – https://www.whatsapp.com/