Jumanji: The Next Level is a 2019 American fantasy adventure comedy film directed by Jake Kasdan and co-written by Jeff Pinkner, and Scott Rosenberg. It is a sequel to 2017’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, the second follow-up to 1996’s Jumanji, and is the fourth installment in the Jumanji franchise. It stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Alex Wolff, Morgan Turner, Ser’Darius Blain, and Madison Iseman reprising their roles from the previous film while Awkwafina, Rory McCann, Danny Glover, and Danny DeVito also join the cast. The film’s plot takes place two years after Welcome to the Jungle, in which the same group of teenagers, along with an old friend and two unwitting additions, become trapped in Jumanji once again. There, they all find themselves facing new problems and challenges with both old and new avatars while having to save the land from a new villain to escape.
Principal photography took place during 2019, between January 21 to May 11 in locations including Atlanta, New Mexico, Alberta, and Hawaii, with much of the cast consisting of those from the previous film, reprising their original roles for the sequel.
Jumanji: The Next Level was theatrically released in the United States on December 13, 2019, by Sony Pictures Releasing, under its Columbia Pictures label. The film received generally positive reviews from critics and grossed $800 million worldwide against a $125–132 million budget, becoming the tenth highest-grossing film of 2019. A sequel is in development.
Following the release of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Sony began development on the sequel. Kasdan returned to direct the sequel, with Rosenberg and Pinkner again writing the script and Johnson, Hart, Black, and Gillan reprising their roles.
During the film’s development, Black confirmed the new film as being a fourth Jumanji film because of Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005), serving as the second film and sharing continuity with the other films of the series, with Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle serving as the third film. According to Kasdan the film used the working title J-19. The film’s title was revealed as Jumanji: The Next Level.
Awkwafina, Danny DeVito, and Danny Glover joined the film in January 2019. Alex Wolff, Ser’Darius Blain, Madison Iseman, Morgan Turner, and Nick Jonas were hired to reprise their roles in February. In March, Dania Ramirez joined the cast of the film. That same month, Rhys Darby was confirmed to reprise his role in the film. Colin Hanks joined to the cast in May to reprise the role.
Filming began on January 21, 2019, and took place in Atlanta, New Mexico, Calgary, Fortress Mountain Resort, Algodones Dunes in California, and Hawaii before wrapping on May 11. Johnson made a reported $23.5 million for his role.
- Dwayne Johnson as Dr. Xander “Smolder” Bravestone: A player character who takes the form of a strong, confident archaeologist and explorer. He is first controlled by Eddie and later by Spencer.
- Johnson also portrays Bravestone’s father in a flashback, with Zachary Tzegaegbe portraying the young Bravestone
- Kevin Hart as Franklin “Mouse” Finbar: A player character who takes the form of a diminutive zoologist and weapons carrier. He is first controlled by Milo and later by Fridge.
- Jack Black as Professor Sheldon “Shelly” Oberon: A player character who takes the form of an overweight, male expert in many scientific fields. He is first controlled by Fridge and later Bethany, with Martha also briefly controlling him.
- Karen Gillan as Ruby Roundhouse: A player character who takes the form of a scantily-clad commando. She is primarily controlled by Martha, with Fridge briefly controlling her.
- Awkwafina as Ming Fleetfoot: A new player character who takes the form of a thief with skills in burglary, pick-pocketing, and lock picking. She is first controlled by Spencer and later Eddie.
- Nick Jonas as Jefferson “Seaplane” McDonough: A player character who takes the form of an aircraft pilot. He is controlled by Alex.
- Alex Wolff as Spencer Gilpin: A new college student struggling to adjust to his new life and Martha’s boyfriend
- Morgan Turner as Martha Kaply: Spencer’s girlfriend
- Ser’Darius Blain as Anthony “Fridge” Johnson: A friend of Spencer, Martha, and Bethany
- Madison Iseman as Bethany Walker: One of the four friends who experienced the previous Jumanji, now a world traveler
- Danny DeVito as Edward “Eddie” Gilpin: Spencer’s grandfather, who resents Milo for selling the diner they co-owned
- Danny Glover as Milo Walker: Eddie’s estranged friend, whose falling out resulted from him selling their diner
- Rhys Darby as Nigel Billingsley: An NPC who serves as the primary guide for its players
- Colin Hanks as Alex Vreeke: A previous Jumanji player, now raising a family.
- Rory McCann as Jurgen the Brutal, an NPC presented as a violent warlord who is responsible for the murders of Bravestone’s parents
- Marin Hinkle as Janice Gilpin: Spencer’s mother and Eddie’s daughter
December 13, 2019
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page