One Piece (stylized in all caps) is a fantasy adventure streaming television series developed by Matt Owens and Steven Maeda for Netflix. The series is a live action adaptation of the ongoing 1997 Japanese manga series of the same name by Eiichiro Oda, who himself served as a major creative consultant for the series. It is produced by Kaji Productions, Tomorrow Studios and Shueisha (who also publish the manga). The series stars an ensemble cast including Iñaki Godoy, Emily Rudd, Mackenyu, Jacob Romero Gibson, and Taz Skylar as the initial five members of the Straw Hat Pirates.
The series premiered on August 31, 2023, and received positive reviews from both critics and fans who praised the performances, story, visual effects, and general faithfulness towards the characters and events featured from the source material.
- Iñaki Godoy as Monkey D. Luffy, an enthusiastic prospective pirate both cursed and gifted with powerful rubber-like abilities from accidentally eating a mysterious Devil Fruit. His goal is to travel out of the East Blue with a crew of his own, find the mythical “One Piece” and become the King of the Pirates.
- Colton Osorio as young Monkey D. Luffy
- Emily Rudd as Nami, an enigmatic thief who hides her past behind an aggressive indifference in search of a map to the Grand Line, where the One Piece is strongly rumored to be located. She’s taken it upon herself to navigate and map out the entire world.
- Lily Fisher as young Nami
- Mackenyu as Roronoa Zoro, an accomplished master swordsman and bounty hunter, who uses the art of “Three Swords Style”. He aims to become the world’s greatest swordsman.
- Maximilian Lee Piazza as young Roronoa Zoro
- Jacob Romero Gibson as Usopp, who is boisterous, yet noble to a fault, to his friends and allies; Usopp specializes in marksmanship, cunning and invention. He intends to be a brave, famous warrior of the sea, recognized by his infamous pirate father, Yasopp.
- Kevin Saula as young Usopp
- Taz Skylar as Sanji, an abrasive, woman-loving, yet charming master chef who is a practitioner of martial arts primarily using his legs taught to him by his mentor and head chef Zeff. His purpose is to find the All Blue, a mythical sea that connects the four seas together and provide quality meals to all.
- Christian Convery as young Sanji
- Vincent Regan as Monkey D. Garp, a prolific Vice Admiral in the Marines and Luffy’s grandfather, who becomes Koby’s mentor.
- Jeff Ward as Buggy the Clown, the clown-themed captain of the Buggy Pirates whose Devil Fruit he ate gives him the ability to split his own body into pieces and control them as he sees fit.
- Morgan Davies as Koby, a cabin boy of the Alvida Pirates who dreams of joining the Marines.
- Aidan Scott as Helmeppo, the son of Captain Morgan who uses his father’s status as a Marine Captain to bully others into doing his bidding. He later becomes a marine cadet after the defeat of his father.
- Peter Gadiot as “Red-Haired” Shanks, the captain of the Red-Haired Pirates who was Luffy’s childhood hero and inspiration to start his own crew.
- Ilia Isorelýs Paulino as Alvida, the ruthless leader of the Alvida Pirates who fights with a large spiked iron club.
- Langley Kirkwood as “Axe-Hand” Morgan, a corrupt self-obsessed Marine Captain who imprisoned Zoro, and the abusive father of Helmeppo.
- Tamer Burjaq as Higuma, a sinister bandit who tried to kill Luffy in his youth.
- Kathleen Stephens as Makino, a bartender from Windmill Village, Luffy’s home town.
- Armand Aucamp as Bogard, a Marine officer and Garp’s right-hand man.
- Sven Ruygrok as Cabaji, an acrobat who is an officer of the Buggy Pirates.
- Stevel Marc as Yasopp, an officer of the Red Hair Pirates and Usopp’s father.
- Ntlanhla Morgan Kutu as Lucky Roux, an officer of the Red Hair Pirates.
- Laudo Liebenberg as Benn Beckmann, an officer of the Red Hair Pirates.
- McKinley Belcher III as Arlong, a strong, ruthless fish-man who is the leader of the Arlong Pirates and ruler of Arlong Park.
- Celeste Loots as Kaya, an orphaned heiress and Usopp’s close friend.
- Alexander Maniatis as Kuro, alias “Klahadore”, the captain of the Black Cat Pirates and Kaya’s butler.
- Bianca Oosthuizen as Sham, an officer of the Black Cat Pirates and Buchi’s partner.
- Albert Pretorius as Buchi, an officer of the Black Cat Pirates and Sham’s partner.
- Jandre le Roux as Kuroobi, a fish-man who is an officer of the Arlong Pirates.
- Brett Williams as Merry, an attorney and legal guardian of Kaya’s assets.
- Craig Fairbrass as Chef Zeff, a former pirate and the current head chef and owner of Baratie, a floating restaurant, and Sanji’s father figure.
- Steven Ward as Dracule “Hawk-Eye” Mihawk, a pirate regarded as the world’s greatest swordsman and one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea.
- Len-Barry Simons as Chu, a fish-man who is an officer of the Arlong Pirates.
- Chioma Umeala as Nojiko, Nami’s adoptive older sister.
- Kylie Ashfield as young Nojiko
- Grant Ross as Genzo, the sheriff of the Coco Village.
- Rory Acton-Burnell as Nezumi, a corrupt Marine Captain who covers up for Arlong’s misdeeds.
In July 2017, Weekly Shōnen Jump editor-in-chief Hiroyuki Nakano announced that Tomorrow Studios (a partnership between Marty Adelstein and ITV Studios) and Shueisha would commence production of an American live-action television adaptation of Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece manga series as part of the series’ 20th anniversary celebrations. Oda would serve as executive producer for the series alongside Tomorrow Studios CEO Adelstein and Becky Clements. The series would reportedly begin with the East Blue saga. Adelstein also said the production cost could set new records.
In January 2020, Oda revealed that Netflix ordered a first season consisting of ten episodes. In May 2020, producer Marty Adelstein revealed during an interview with Syfy Wire that the series was originally set to begin filming in Cape Town at Cape Town Film Studios sometime around August but had been delayed to around September due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He also revealed that, during the same interview, all ten scripts had been written for the series and they were set to begin casting sometime in June. However, executive producer and writer Matt Owens stated in September 2020 that casting had not yet commenced.
In March 2021, production started up again with showrunner Steven Maeda revealing that the series codename is Project Roger. In September 2021, the series revealed its first look at the logo for the series. That same month, it was reported that Marc Jobst will direct the pilot episode of the series; he was approached to direct the pilot by Netflix executives due to their positive relationship after Jobst helmed episodes for Netflix series such as Daredevil, Luke Cage, and The Witcher. Jobst agreed to work on One Piece due to the script’s optimistic tone. In February 2022, it was announced that Arisu Kashiwagi will be the creative director and designer for the show’s brand identity, where she will be creating and designing logo and title sequence etc. In March 2022, alongside the release of additional casting announcements, it was said that head writer and executive producer Matt Owens would serve as co-showrunner alongside Maeda. In June 2022, Emma Sullivan was revealed to have directed episodes of the series.
August 31, 2023
- E01 – “Romance Dawn”
- E02 – “The Man in the Straw Hat”
- E03 – “Tell No Tales”
- E04 – “The Pirates Are Coming”
- E05 – “Eat at Baratie!”
- E06 – “The Chef and the Chore Boy”
- E07 – “The Girl with the Sawfish Tattoo”
- E08 – “Worst in the East”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page