Maya and the Three (Spanish title: Maya y los tres) is a computer-animated fantasy streaming television miniseries created by Jorge R. Gutiérrez and produced by Tangent Animation. The nine-episode series premiered on Netflix on October 22, 2021.
- Zoe Saldaña as Princess Maya
- Gabriel Iglesias as Picchu
- Diego Luna as Zatz, the Prince of Bats
- Gael García Bernal as Lance, Dagger, and Shield, the Jaguar Brothers, Maya’s older triplet half-brothers
- Rita Moreno as Ah Puch
- Alfred Molina as Lord Mictlan, the God of War
- Allen Maldonado as Rico
- Andy Santana as Young Rico
- Stephanie Beatriz as Chimi
- Kate del Castillo as Lady Micte, the Goddess of Death and Maya’s biological mother
- Danny Trejo as Cabrakan, the God of Earthquakes
- Cheech Marin as Hura & Can, the Gods of Wind & Storms
- Rosie Perez as Cipactli, the Goddess of Alligators
- Queen Latifah as Gran Bruja, daughter of Brujo
- Wyclef Jean as Gran Brujo
- Isabela Merced as the Widow Queen
- Chelsea Rendon as Acat, the Goddess of Tattoos
- Joaquín Cosío as Camazotz, the God of Bats
- Carlos Alazraqui as Chivo, the God of Dark Magic
- Eric Bauza as Vucub, the God of Jungle Animals
- Grey Griffin as Xtabay, the Goddess of Illusions and as Bone, Goddess of Thievery, sister of Skull
- Alanna Ubach as Skull, Goddess of Thievery and sister of Bone
- Jorge R. Gutiérrez as King Teca, Maya’s father
- Sandra Equihua as Queen Teca, Maya’s stepmother
- John DiMaggio as Bear Killah and Barbarian King
- Carolina Ravassa as Barbarian Princess
- Dee Bradley Baker as Chiapa
- Hailey Hermida as Eagle
In November 2018, it was reported that Netflix is developing an animated television miniseries about a Mesoamerican warrior. The series has Jorge Gutiérrez as the director, creator and executive producer, while Tim Yoon is a producer, Silvia Olivas and Jeff Ranjo are co-executive producers. Gutiérrez, Olivas, Doug Langdale and Candie Kelty Langdale are writers, and Ranjo is the head of story for the series. The series was described by Gutiérrez, in October 2018, as equivalent to a Mexican version of The Lord of the Rings, “but hilarious.”
On September 15, 2021, Gutiérrez described an exclusive clip from the series, saying the scene was inspired by Street Fighter 2, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Kill Bill, Ninja Scroll and a “chola fight” he saw in Tijuana, Mexico. He told Skwigly said that the series is “deeply inspired by the glorious Mesoamerican art” and Museo Nacional de Antropologia exhibits. He noted that the show’s protagonist, Maya, is inspired by his mother, wife, and sister, and hinted that it would have similarities to his previous works, El Tigre and The Book of Life.
The series closed the Guadalajara Film Festival, on October 9, 2021, with the airing of two of the show’s episodes at a special event.
The series was created using the open source Blender 3D animation software.
The series was released on Netflix on October 22, 2021. Netflix described it as an “animated event told in nine epic chapters.” Each episode in the limited series is 30 minutes long, comprising a total of 4 and half hours.
- E01 – “Chapter 1: Quinceañera”
- E02 – “Chapter 2: The Prophecy”
- E03 – “Chapter 3: The Rooster”
- E04 – “Chapter 4: The Skull”
- E05 – “Chapter 5: The Puma”
- E06 – “Chapter 6: Maya and the Three”
- E07 – “Chapter 7: The Divine Gate”
- E08 – “Chapter 8: The Bat and the Owl”
- E09 – “Chapter 9: The Sun and the Moon”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page