Never Have I Ever is an American comedy-drama television series starring Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher. Though it takes place in the San Fernando Valley, the show has been reported to be loosely based on Kaling’s childhood experiences in the Boston area, while Kaling herself has said it is based “in the spirit of my childhood”. It premiered on Netflix on April 27, 2020, and is about an Indian-American high school student dealing with the sudden death of her father and the bumpy journey through her last three years of high school. The series received very positive reviews.
The series has been described as a watershed moment for South Asian representation in Hollywood and has been praised for breaking Asian stereotypes. On July 1, 2020, Netflix renewed the series for a second season, which premiered on July 15, 2021. Netflix renewed the series for a third season on August 19, 2021, which was released on August 12, 2022, and consists of 10 episodes, and a fourth and final season which released on June 8, 2023.
- both Paxton Hall-Yoshida and Ben Gross. She is based on the show’s creator, Mindy Kaling. She is known for her emotional and erratic behaviour at times and sees a therapist to help deal with the loss of her father, who died prior to the events of the series. She is a star student and has dreamed of going to Princeton University since an early age.
- Poorna Jagannathan as Dr. Nalini Vishwakumar, a successful dermatologist who owns her own practice and Devi’s mother with whom she has a mixed relationship. She cares strongly for her daughter but believes in tough love and strict parenting, causing friction between the two at times.
- Richa Moorjani as Kamala Nandiwadal, Devi’s cousin who is staying with Devi’s family while completing her PhD at Caltech. She is far better behaved and devoted to her culture than Devi but refuses her arranged marriage, which causes friction in the family until her decision is ultimately accepted
- Jaren Lewison as Benjamin “Ben” Gross, also a high school sophomore. Initially Devi’s nemesis at school, he becomes a good friend for whom she has complicated feelings and later they date.
- Darren Barnet as Paxton Hall-Yoshida, a popular, athletic 16-year-old high school junior and Devi’s crush, later love interest. After graduating, he attends Arizona State University, but later becomes an assistant swim coach at the high school upon realising university is not for him.
- John McEnroe as himself, the narrator of the series and Mohan’s idol, in the season 1 finale he makes a brief on-screen cameo
- Ramona Young as Eleanor Wong (seasons 2–4; recurring season 1), one of Devi’s best friends who has a passion for acting and struggles with the fact her mother is absent after abandoning her for acting when Eleanor was 7.
- Lee Rodriguez as Fabiola Torres (seasons 2–4; recurring season 1), one of Devi’s best friends who is on the robotics team and struggles with her sexuality, later coming out as gay.
On March 20, 2019, it was reported that Netflix had given a 10-episode series order to the then-untitled “semi-autobiographical comedy”.
In an interview with The New York Times, Kaling said that Netflix was open to have a show “set in the ’80s or the ’90s, but I’d seen that done so well with shows like Fresh Off the Boat and Everybody Hates Chris. I really wanted to speak to kids now”. The show’s name, Never Have I Ever, was created by co-creator Lang Fisher, and Kaling said it was chosen because “[Devi’s] ego is so caught up in the things she hasn’t done yet, hasn’t been exposed to yet. And that felt really kind of natural to her personality”. Speaking to The Hindu, Kaling said the show was “definitely not based on my childhood but it is in the spirit of my childhood”, adding “I was a shy nerd, but did not have the confidence Devi has”.
June 8, 2023
- E01 – “…lost my virginity”
- E02 – “…gotten sweet revenge”
- E03 – “…liked a bad boy”
- E04 – “…wrecked my future”
- E05 – “…been to New Jersey”
- E06 – “…had my dream stolen”
- E07 – “…had an identity crisis”
- E08 – “…set my mom up”
- E09 – “…gone to prom”
- E10 – “…said goodbye”
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page