The Wandering Earth 2 (Chinese: 流浪地球2) is a 2023 Chinese science fiction action-adventure film directed and co-written by Frant Gwo, and starring Andy Lau, Wu Jing and Li Xuejian. The film is a prequel to the 2019 film The Wandering Earth, which is based on the short story of the same name by Liu Cixin, who serves as the film’s producer.
After the major box-office success of its predecessor, a sequel was announced by Guo on 20 November 2019 before it was greenlit on 21 July 2021, with production officially starting on 13 October 2021. The Wandering Earth 2 was released on 22 January 2023, the same day as the Chinese New Year Day.
After The Wandering Earth was released to major commercial success in January 2019, director Frant Gwo announced at the Golden Rooster Awards on 20 November of the same year that a sequel was in the works, revealing that audiences were being conducted and sorted to guide the sequel’s guide structure which will focus more on characters’ emotions as well as improving visual effects. Gwo also stated that production may not begin for four years. On 2 December 2020, Gwo announced at the 2020 Golden Rooster Awards that the shooting plan for the sequel has initiated and have set the release date for 22 January 2023, the first day of the Chinese New Year holidays. A teaser poster which features the phrase “Goodbye Solar System” written in numerous different languages was also released.
On 18 June 2021, Andy Lau announced during a live broadcast celebration of the 33rd anniversary of his fan club, Andy World Club, that he will be starring in the film. On 21 July 2021, it was reported the film has been approved by the National Radio and Television Administration and production is set to take place from October 2021 to March 2022 in Qingdao and Haikou. Wu Jing was confirmed to return to the prequel. Aside from directing duties, Guo also co-wrote the script with producer Gong Ge’er while the film will be financed by Guo’s company, Guo Fan Culture and Media and China Film Company.
- Andy Lau as Tu Hengyu (图恒宇), a computer scientist who worked on both the Digital Life Project and the Moving Mountain Project.
- Wu Jing as Liu Peiqiang (刘培强), a UEG trainee astronaut who survives numerous crises involving the Moving Mountain Project and the main protagonist of the first movie.
- Li Xuejian as Zhou Zhezhi (周喆直), the Chinese ambassador to the UEG.
- Sha Yi as Zhang Peng (张鹏), a senior UEG fighter pilot and Liu’s mentor.
- Ning Li as Ma Zhao (马兆), AI and quantum computing researcher and Tu’s colleague.
- Wang Zhi as Han Duoduo (韩朵朵), Liu Peiqiang’s fellow trainee and later wife. She eventually succumbs to cancer from radiation sickness.
- Zhu Yanmanzi as Hao Xiaoxi (郝晓晞), Zhou’s personal assistant and protégé.
- Khalid Ghanem as tower commander , American commander
- Andy Friend as Mike, the American ambassador to the UEG and a good friend of Zhou.
- Vitalli Makarychev as Andre Graschnov, a senior UEG fighter pilot and Zhang’s close friend
- Clara Lee, Tony Nicholson and Vladimir Ershov as the three space elevator hijackers who tried to impersonate astronaut trainees.
The Wandering Earth 2 is dedicated to Ng Man-Tat, who died of liver cancer in 2021 after starring as Han Zi’ang in the first movie. Ng appears in a brief CGI-rendered cameo.
January 22, 2023
Gamingwap is a Torrent Games , Films & Application website that allow you to get knowledge and to be updated about different types of Game , Film & Application . We provide different Games , Films & Application to Download for free as Torrent Download .
Games – https://www.gamingwap.com
Films – https://www.gamingwap.com/films
Application – https://www.gamingwap.com/application
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/page